2011 has been a great year for the Tomcat Expert community. After almost 2 years of operating, the Tomcat Expert has hit its stride, unloading an array of new information, as well as keeping you up to date with the newest releases for Apache Tomcat 6 and Apache Tomcat 7. With the addition of two new Tomcat Expert Contributors, (Channing Benson and Daniel Mikusa), the Tomcat Expert community continues to build on its reputation for being the leading source for fresh perspectives and new information on how to best leverage Apache Tomcat in the enterprise.
With 38 blog posts and a comprehensive presentation on Tips and Tricks for Apache Tomcat, we have set the bar high for 2012. What can you expect to see from us? In the very near future, we will be rolling out a new jobs board. We plan on offering this free service to enable enterprises to locate and hire top talent from our enterprise Tomcat community. We also plan to continue some of the series that we have started on Apache Tomcat Valves and performance tuning, among others. We are also planning on expanding our number of contributors to provide the community with even more content in the coming year. If you have an idea that you think this community would benefit from, and would like to be considered as a contributor please check out our FAQ and follow the instructions there.
And just in case you missed some of our best content, here are the Top 10 Most Popular Tomcat Expert Blog Posts for 2011:
01. Parallel Deployment with Apache Tomcat 7
02. 4 Mistakes to Avoid on Apache Tomcat
03. Cross-site Scripting (XSS) Prevention in Apache Tomcat 7
04. Understanding Apache Tomcat: Getting Started
05. Setting Up Measurement of Garbage Collection in Apache Tomcat
06. Performance Tuning the JVM for Running Apache Tomcat
07. Windows Authentication with Apache Tomcat
08. A Finer Point of Apache Tomcat Valves
09. The Top 3 Apache Tomcat 7 Features now Available in Tomcat 6
10. Apache Tomcat 8 and Java 7: Will They Work Together?
We look forward to a busier and more exciting 2012 in the Apache Tomcat Community. As always, your questions and comments are greatly appreciated. Happy New Year, everyone!